Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2005/05/24 23:27:19 UTC

[RT] cocoon.zones.apache.org for docs?

Hi folks,

Given the lastest mails requesting an infraestructure for writing docs
using a CMS + another fact, we know that recently our infra was creating
some *.zones.apache.org for projects that requested one.

A zone is a virtual machine where we can do whatever we want. ;-)

I don't saw that somebody requested a zone for cocoon. And I think we can!
;-)

There we can setup our demo site, but most important:

A cocoon based CMS for the documentations efforts.

WDYT?

Best Reards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [RT] cocoon.zones.apache.org for docs?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> On Mar, 24 de Mayo de 2005, 16:30, Upayavira dijo:
>
>>Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>
>>>Hi folks,
>>>
>>>Given the lastest mails requesting an infraestructure for writing docs
>>>using a CMS + another fact, we know that recently our infra was creating
>>>some *.zones.apache.org for projects that requested one.
>>>
>>>A zone is a virtual machine where we can do whatever we want. ;-)
>>>
>>>I don't saw that somebody requested a zone for cocoon. And I think we
>>>can!
>>>;-)
>>>
>>>There we can setup our demo site, but most important:
>>>
>>>A cocoon based CMS for the documentations efforts.
>>
>>Before someone says "we should use the proposed site-build zone", I
>>think, if someone is prepared to set up a Cocoon zone, we should go that
>>way.
>>
>>We do not know what is involved in running a CMS, and we will learn more
>>if we just do it within our own community first. Then, if we learn
>>something that is useful to a wider Apache community, and actually
>>complete something, then we can consider migrating across to the
>>site-build zone. For the time being, we should, IMO, have our own zone
>>to play in.
>>
>>+0, only because I don't expect to have time to contribute.
>

> Well, I think we can request some help from the experts in the area.
>
> Should some CMS people help us here?

I do not consider myself an "expert" in CMS systems. I consider myself
more of an integrator of documentation provided by various CMS's.

I was/am intending to do some experimentation with Daisy + Forrest in
the Forrest zone. Another Thorsten also intends to integrate Lenya +
Forrest. It would be senseless for us to divide our efforts.

I already demonstated how Forrest can integrate existing docs from svn
and a Daisy repository. With the help of the PlanetCocoon people we
should be able to integrate any future content from them too,
integrating the wiki docs is trivial since a wiki plugin already exists.

If someone will set up the zone, I'll do what I can to help with respect
to setup and configuration of Forrest and/or Daisy if they are what you
want to use.

Ross

Re: [RT] cocoon.zones.apache.org for docs?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Mar, 24 de Mayo de 2005, 16:30, Upayavira dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Given the lastest mails requesting an infraestructure for writing docs
>> using a CMS + another fact, we know that recently our infra was creating
>> some *.zones.apache.org for projects that requested one.
>>
>> A zone is a virtual machine where we can do whatever we want. ;-)
>>
>> I don't saw that somebody requested a zone for cocoon. And I think we
>> can!
>> ;-)
>>
>> There we can setup our demo site, but most important:
>>
>> A cocoon based CMS for the documentations efforts.
>
> Before someone says "we should use the proposed site-build zone", I
> think, if someone is prepared to set up a Cocoon zone, we should go that
> way.
>
> We do not know what is involved in running a CMS, and we will learn more
> if we just do it within our own community first. Then, if we learn
> something that is useful to a wider Apache community, and actually
> complete something, then we can consider migrating across to the
> site-build zone. For the time being, we should, IMO, have our own zone
> to play in.
>
> +0, only because I don't expect to have time to contribute.

Well, I think we can request some help from the experts in the area.

Should some CMS people help us here?

Best Regards,

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Given the lastest mails requesting an infraestructure for writing docs
> using a CMS + another fact, we know that recently our infra was creating
> some *.zones.apache.org for projects that requested one.
>
> A zone is a virtual machine where we can do whatever we want. ;-)
>
> I don't saw that somebody requested a zone for cocoon. And I think we can!
> ;-)
>
> There we can setup our demo site, but most important:
>
> A cocoon based CMS for the documentations efforts.

Before someone says "we should use the proposed site-build zone", I
think, if someone is prepared to set up a Cocoon zone, we should go that
way.

We do not know what is involved in running a CMS, and we will learn more
if we just do it within our own community first. Then, if we learn
something that is useful to a wider Apache community, and actually
complete something, then we can consider migrating across to the
site-build zone. For the time being, we should, IMO, have our own zone
to play in.

+0, only because I don't expect to have time to contribute.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: [RT] cocoon.zones.apache.org for docs?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 24 mai 05, à 23:27, Antonio Gallardo a écrit :

> ...I don't saw that somebody requested a zone for cocoon. And I think
> we can!..

I like the idea, but I cannot help ATM.

-Bertrand