Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by wh1z <si...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/23 16:41:13 UTC

Lenya 2.0.2 build error

Hello,

I am new to Lenya and Cocoon. I am installing the 2.0.2 version of Lenya on
a Unix machine and i am getting a build error during the api compilation.
The error directs to few packages missing but they are setup correctly in
the cocoon directory.
I have attached the verbose output of Ant, which should pretty much give you
the entire picture. I would be glad to share any additional information if
you require.
Appreciate your help on this.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p21626734/Lenya%2Bbuild%2Blog.txt
Lenya+build+log.txt

Thanks wh1z

Re: Lenya 2.0.2 build error

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi wh1z,
>
> thanks for sharing your experiences!
>
> wh1z schrieb:
>> Yes you guys are right! I cleaned up the directory with a fresh
>> install and
>> just ran the build.sh and voila it worked. Interesting thing to note
>> is that
>> if i do run configure.sh (as mentioned in the installation
>> instructions) to
>> generally alter a few properties, cocoon isn't really comfortable with
>> that,
>
> does someone else use the configure.sh script successfully?
> Does it simplify the installation? WDOT?

it used to work for me. what it should do (it doesn't quite at this
point) is create a file containing only those settings that differ from
the default build.properties, to show at a glance what the custom
settings for a particular installation are.
currently, it copies all variables over, but cuts most of the comments.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

  - Ken Thompson.

Re: Lenya 2.0.2 build error

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi wh1z,

wh1z schrieb:
> Yes you guys are right! I cleaned up the directory with a fresh install and
> just ran the build.sh and voila it worked. Interesting thing to note is that
> if i do run configure.sh (as mentioned in the installation instructions) to
> generally alter a few properties, cocoon isn't really comfortable with that,

does someone else use the configure.sh script successfully?
Does it simplify the installation? WDOT?

-- Andreas

> probably needs a build alteration as well? I will keep digging though. For
> now, running just the build.sh did the trick and i have the default page up
> and running.
> Sac, yes i have used the cocoon shipped along with lenya and i haven't
> modified any part of it yet :-P
> I truly appreciate your help on this. Would post my findings on my research
> since this is my first step towards cocoon
>
> Regards
> Sid
>

> sac sha wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I agree that only build.sh will do the task.
>> But if you are using some other cocoon rather than one shipped with lenya.
>> Dont forget to mention it correctly in local.build.properties.
>>
>> Regards
>> Sac
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Richard Frovarp
>> <rf...@apache.org>wrote:

Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH
http://www.becompany.ch
Tel.: +41 (0) 43 818 57 01

Re: Lenya 2.0.2 build error

Posted by wh1z <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lenya 2.0.2 build error

Posted by sac sha <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Lenya 2.0.2 build error

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.

Re: Lenya 2.0.2 build error

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi wh1z,

wh1z schrieb:
> Well i am running the usual scripts shipped with lenya.
> 1. configure.sh - i changed the cocoon directory during configuration from
> externals/cocoon-2.1.12-dev to just cocoon

did you rename the Cocoon directory accordingly? Or did you download
Cocoon separately? Is there a special reason for this change?

BTW, does someone else use the configure.sh script? I haven't tried it
for a while.

Actually it is sufficient to run build.sh to get started, no
configuration is necessary.

Would you mind trying it again with an unmodified version and without
running configure.sh? Thanks!

-- Andreas

> 2. build.sh - this is where i am facing the issue. Now i had one other
> problem when i ran the build; i had to manually copy the logkit.xconf,
> log4j.xconf and web.xml from teh src folder to the build directory as it was
> throwing an error.
> 3. i have switched on verbose logging for ANT
> Apart from these the entire package is just the same. Not sure where it is
> trying to find for the missing files, coz i even tried updating the
> classpath with the cocoon files and the api compiler wont pick that up.
>
> regards Sid
>
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Hi wh1z,
>>
>> wh1z schrieb:
>>> Hello, I am new to Lenya and Cocoon. I am installing the 2.0.2 version
>>> of Lenya on a Unix machine and i am getting a build error during the api
>>> compilation.  The error directs to few packages missing but they are
>>> setup correctly in the cocoon directory. I have attached the verbose
>>> output of Ant, which should pretty much give you the entire picture. I
>>> would be glad to share any additional information if you require.
>> the build log looks a bit strange. Did you modify any configuration or
>> property files? Do you use the Cocoon version that ships with Lenya?
>> Which command do you use to invoke the build process?
>>
>> TIA!
>>
>> -- Andreas
>>

>>> Appreciate your help on this. Lenya+build+log.txt
>>> <http://www.nabble.com/file/p21626734/Lenya%2Bbuild%2Blog.txt> Thanks
>>> wh1z
>>
>> --
>> Andreas Hartmann, CTO