Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Jackson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/02 18:21:56 UTC

Re: Problem with Password Decryption in Data Import Handler

I'm at a brick wall. Here's the latest status:

Here are some sample commands that I'm using:

*Create the encryptKeyFile and encrypted password:*

encrypter_password='this_is_my_encrypter_password'
plain_db_pw='Oakton153'

cd /var/docker/solr_stage2/credentials/
echo -n "${encrypter_password}" > encpwd.txt
echo -n "${plain_db_pwd}" > plaindbpwd.txt
openssl enc -aes-128-cbc -a -salt -in plaindbpwd.txt -k
"${encrypter_password}"

rm plaindbpwd.txt

That generated this as the password, by the way:

U2FsdGVkX19pBVTeZaSl43gFFAlrx+Th1zSg1GvlX9o=

*Configure DIH configuration:*

<dataConfig>

<dataSource
driver="org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql://local.mysite.com:3306/mysite"
user="root"
password="U2FsdGVkX19pBVTeZaSl43gFFAlrx+Th1zSg1GvlX9o="
encryptKeyFile="/opt/solr/credentials/encpwd.txt"
/>

By the way, /var/docker/solr_stage2/credentials/ is mapped to
/opt/solr/credentials/ in the docker container, so that's why the paths
*seem* different (but aren't, really).

*Authentication error when data import is run:*

Exception while processing: question document :
SolrInputDocument(fields:
[]):org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandlerException:
Unable to execute query:     select     'foo' as bar;    Processing
Document # 1
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandlerException.wrapAndThrow(DataImportHandlerException.java:69)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$ResultSetIterator.<init>(JdbcDataSource.java:323)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource.getData(JdbcDataSource.java:283)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource.getData(JdbcDataSource.java:52)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.SqlEntityProcessor.initQuery(SqlEntityProcessor.java:59)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.SqlEntityProcessor.nextRow(SqlEntityProcessor.java:73)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.EntityProcessorWrapper.nextRow(EntityProcessorWrapper.java:244)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.buildDocument(DocBuilder.java:475)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.buildDocument(DocBuilder.java:414)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.doFullDump(DocBuilder.java:329)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.execute(DocBuilder.java:232)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter.doFullImport(DataImporter.java:416)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter.runCmd(DataImporter.java:480)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter$1.run(DataImporter.java:461)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: Could not
connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'ICZ2002912' (using password:
NO)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.ExceptionMapper.get(ExceptionMapper.java:123)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.ExceptionMapper.throwException(ExceptionMapper.java:71)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:109)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$1.call(JdbcDataSource.java:192)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$1.call(JdbcDataSource.java:172)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource.getConnection(JdbcDataSource.java:503)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$ResultSetIterator.<init>(JdbcDataSource.java:313)
	... 12 more
Caused by: org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.dao.QueryException: Could
not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'ICZ2002912' (using
password: NO)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.authentication(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:524)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.handleConnectionPhases(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:472)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.connect(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:374)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.connectWithoutProxy(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:763)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.Utils.retrieveProxy(Utils.java:469)
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:104)
	... 16 more

Posted by Jamie Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.
You were right, Fuad. There was a flaw in my script (inconsistent naming of
the `plain_db_pwd` variable.

Thanks for figuring that out.

For posterity, here's the fixed script:

encrypt_key=your_encryption_key
plain_db_pwd=your_db_password
cred_dir=/your/credentials/directory

cd "${cred_dir}
echo -n "${encrypt_key}" > encrypt.key
echo -n "${plain_db_pwd}" | openssl enc -aes-128-cbc -a -salt -k
"${encrypt_key}"
#==============================================================================#

Then, in the DIH config:
 encryptKeyFile="/your/credentials/directory/encrypt.key"

I have another, semi-related, issue that I'll bring up in another thread.

Thanks,
Jamie

Posted by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca>.
Then I can only guess that in current configuration decrypted password is empty string.

Try to manually replace some characters in encpwd.txt file to see if you get different errors; try to delete this file completely to see if you get different errors. Try to add new line in this file; try to change password in config file.

On November 2, 2016 at 5:23:33 PM, Jamie Jackson (jamiejaxon@gmail.com) wrote:

I should have mentioned that I verified connectivity with plain passwords:

From the same machine that Solr's running on:

Posted by Jamie Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.
I should have mentioned that I verified connectivity with plain passwords:

From the same machine that Solr's running on:

Posted by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca>.

Posted by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca>.

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
OK it was

--
Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com

Re: Problem with Password Decryption in Data Import Handler

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
I cannot get it to work either.

Here are my steps. I took the key from the Patch in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12730862/SOLR-4392.patch.

echo
U2FsdGVkX19Gz7q7/4jj3Wsin7801TlFbob1PBT2YEacbPEUARDiuV5zGSAwU4Sz7upXDEPIQPU48oY1fBWM6Q==
> pass.enc

openssl aes-128-cbc -d -a -salt -in pass.enc

I typed: Password

enter aes-128-cbc decryption password:

SomeRandomEncryptedTextUsingAES128

I cannot find a test case in the latest v5.5.3 code.? It seems like openssl
command is wrong?

So it worked for that. Not sure if the code changed, but after doing this I
get in solr.log:

2016-11-03 12:06:20.139 INFO  (Thread-127) [   x:autosuggestfull]
o.a.s.u.p.LogUpdateProcessorFactory [autosuggestfull]  webapp=/solr
path=/dataimport
params={debug=false&optimize=false&indent=true&commit=false&clean=false&wt=json&command=full-import&entity=spec&verbose=false}
status=0 QTime=19{} 0 64

2016-11-03 12:06:20.140 ERROR (Thread-127) [   x:autosuggestfull]
o.a.s.h.d.DataImporter Full Import failed:java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandlerException: Error
decoding password Processing Document # 1

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.execute(DocBuilder.java:270)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter.doFullImport(DataImporter.java:416)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter.runCmd(DataImporter.java:480)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter$1.run(DataImporter.java:461)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandlerException: Error
decoding password Processing Document # 1

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.buildDocument(DocBuilder.java:416)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.doFullDump(DocBuilder.java:329)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.execute(DocBuilder.java:232)

        ... 3 more

Caused by: org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandlerException:
Error decoding password Processing Document # 1

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource.decryptPwd(JdbcDataSource.java:131)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource.init(JdbcDataSource.java:74)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter.getDataSourceInstance(DataImporter.java:389)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.ContextImpl.getDataSource(ContextImpl.java:100)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.SqlEntityProcessor.init(SqlEntityProcessor.java:53)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.EntityProcessorWrapper.init(EntityProcessorWrapper.java:75)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.buildDocument(DocBuilder.java:433)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.buildDocument(DocBuilder.java:414)

        ... 5 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bad password, algorithm, mode
or padding; no salt, wrong number of iterations or corrupted ciphertext.

        at org.apache.solr.util.CryptoKeys.decodeAES(CryptoKeys.java:249)

        at org.apache.solr.util.CryptoKeys.decodeAES(CryptoKeys.java:195)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource.decryptPwd(JdbcDataSource.java:129)

--
Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com