Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org> on 2017/04/10 01:51:16 UTC

Need a Volunteer to help unifying trunk and 3.4 branch

Hi,

I'm working on the 3.4.2 RC and I was wondering can step forward and get
trunk and 3.4 into better sync?

There seem to be patches on one but not the other.

Once we can get the two in sync, we can find out if it's releasable and
keep the two in sync better.

When I was reviewing, saw small differences in CREDITS, then in MANIFEST
and README.  Then different checksums in the
announcement/3.4.1.txt and a database=0 in
HOWTO.Bayes-Redis/SA-rule/bayes_redis.cf.  THEN I started getting
differences on use Bytes; and logic additions in
SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm, AsyncLoop.pm and lots more.

To me, it doesn't matter if they work.  It's more an issue if they are
in sync appropriately so we can continue patches and stop working on
3.4.2 to focus on trunk for a while towards the next true branch.

Regards,
KAM

--
Kevin A. McGrail
Asst. Treasurer, Apache Software Foundation

Re: Need a Volunteer to help unifying trunk and 3.4 branch

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Kevin A. McGrail wrote on 11/04/17 4:16 PM:
> Any chance you can look at bug 7181 and why sa_compile.t fails?  You
> need re2c installed on the machine.

I'll look at.

> Also a pass through bugs and blockers in bugzilla would be cool to make
> a list of bugs we want to close in the next 2 weeks or that you think
> are a must fix for 3.4.2.

I'll do a pass, but we really should have it looked at by people here who are
more actively working with mail servers every day and would have a good feel
for how important or not a bug is.

You know who you are :) Can you jump in and do at least a quick pass over the
open bugs for some triage?

Thanks,

 Sidney

Re: Need a Volunteer to help unifying trunk and 3.4 branch

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Kevin A. McGrail wrote on 11/04/17 4:16 PM:
> Any chance you can look at bug 7181 and why sa_compile.t fails?

Fixed.

Re: Need a Volunteer to help unifying trunk and 3.4 branch

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
On 4/11/2017 12:08 AM, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
> Kevin A. McGrail wrote on 10/04/17 1:51 PM:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working on the 3.4.2 RC and I was wondering can step forward and get
>> trunk and 3.4 into better sync?
> I've got a pretty long weekend coming up, I'll see how much of it I can get done.
Hi Sidney, Kevin Golding already did most of it.  I'm actually reviewing
his patches and committing now.

Any chance you can look at bug 7181 and why sa_compile.t fails?  You
need re2c installed on the machine.

Also a pass through bugs and blockers in bugzilla would be cool to make
a list of bugs we want to close in the next 2 weeks or that you think
are a must fix for 3.4.2.  I've almost got a "release candidate"
building.  There's no change I would vote to release it but it's taken a
lot of work to get a release environment working. And 3.4 and trunk are
a lot farther out of sync than I thought

Regards,
KAM

Re: Need a Volunteer to help unifying trunk and 3.4 branch

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.