Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "calyan.bandi" <ca...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/27 07:53:39 UTC

How do you define the camel ProducerTemplate?

Hi,

I have been going through the redhat documentation for camel and see that
the definiton of a ProducerTemplate is described as

"The producer template supports a variety of different approaches to
invoking producer endpoints. There are methods that support different
formats for the request message ...................."

Isn't a producer template is used to produce messages into a route? i.e., to
a consumer endpoint. How can a producer template be used / defined as an
entity to produce messages to a producer endpoint itself? Can someone please
elaborate?

Link:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_JBoss_Fuse/6.2/html/Apache_Camel_Development_Guide/Templates.html#Templates-Producer

Note - I am not sure if this is the right forum to raise this question as
the content i am referring to is related to redhat documentation for fuse
product.

Thanks,
Kalyan

Re: How do you define the camel ProducerTemplate?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 7:53 AM, calyan.bandi <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been going through the redhat documentation for camel and see that
> the definiton of a ProducerTemplate is described as
>
> "The producer template supports a variety of different approaches to
> invoking producer endpoints. There are methods that support different
> formats for the request message ...................."

Yeah the sentence could be better. It is used to produce (= send) a
message, which is the producer of the endpoint that is used (invoked)
to do the actual sending. For example you can send a message to a
remote message broker.

> Isn't a producer template is used to produce messages into a route? i.e., to
> a consumer endpoint. How can a producer template be used / defined as an
> entity to produce messages to a producer endpoint itself? Can someone please
> elaborate?

No the receive of the message may not be Camel, it could be some other
system. However if its Camel then the receive is called (consumer) and
it consume  the message.

The term consumer and producer comes from the EIP book.

> Link:
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_JBoss_Fuse/6.2/html/Apache_Camel_Development_Guide/Templates.html#Templates-Producer
>
> Note - I am not sure if this is the right forum to raise this question as
> the content i am referring to is related to redhat documentation for fuse
> product.
>
> Thanks,
> Kalyan

Claus Ibsen