Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> on 2019/01/06 10:16:13 UTC

Third Donation - Tutorials (was Re: Website enhancement ideas)

Hi all,

Please see https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-website/pull/97
with the netbeans.org tutorials/trails automatically transformed to
asciidoc. This is still a work in progress.

Main features:

- 3rd donation tutorials automatically converted to Asciidoc with
incubator-netbeans-tools
- This is, we removed netbeans.org specific HTML stuff.
- Copied images automatically in a 'images' subdir near the documents.
- Added syntax highlighting support for different languages (also wiki
pages).
- Files are stored in the same locations as in netbeans.org, to ease
migration (i.e., kb/docs/, kb/docs/java, etc.)

Tutorials are _NOT_ linked from the home page, this is, there's no link
from the website to the tutorials as of yet: users won't be able to
navigate to the tutorials.

When/if merged, we will have to navigate directly to a tutorial or to
http://netbeans.apache.org/kb or to http://netbeans.apache.org/kb/docs/

The idea is to decide which tutorials we're linking from the web. For
instance, we may not want to link to C/C++ tutorials yet (because we
don't support it yet), but we may want to link to PHP tutorials.

So the basic plan is to:

- Decide which subdirectories we'll link from the main web.
- Manual fine-tuning of content (missing images, removing of manual
table of contents, etc.).

I'll be offline most of the day today, but will try to set up a plan in
the coming days as time permits.

Kind regards,
Antonio

Re: Third Donation - Tutorials (was Re: Website enhancement ideas)

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Makes sense, perfect.

Gj

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.