Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/06/23 18:32:33 UTC

ApacheCon EU 2015 CFP ending next week

Hi,

I just wanted to remind those of you intending on preparing some Papers for the ApacheCon EU 2015 in Budapest, that the CFP ends next week.
It would be sad if we wouldn't manage to get enough papers for a full track. We have so much to present. We need to really do some marketing ... to show people how awesome Flex is. Please help me/us and submit something. Would be cool if you could post to this list if you submitted something and mabe the title of your submission.

This way I know what gaps I have to fill on Monday ;-)

Chris

AW: ApacheCon EU 2015 CFP ending next week

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok :-)

So it seems that we would actually be able to fill a Track ... great :-)
Hopefully we'll get enough accepted in order to actually get a track. I'll look out for Flex talks while doing the reviews on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed.

@Om .. in your Mobile Talk ... will you be also talking about how to get your stuff into the Stores (Apple & Google App-Stores?) ... Think that could potentially be a topic for a dedicated talk ... what do you think?

Chris

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, I don't have the time for stuff like this, I only have
enough time to write a bit of java.

Mike

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
I wanted to just go there and say hello to all of you guys but have my
sisters wedding at this date.
I hope that won't be the last opportunity to catch up this year. :)

Good Luck!
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: ApacheCon EU 2015 CFP ending next week

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Couldn't really see if anyone submitted anything for ApacheCon EU 2015 yet ... Justin?

Will be last minute but I'll get there, currently on holiday after a conference. I'll submit something on FlexUnit and an Intro to Flex talk. I was also thinking of doing “your code as a crime scene” stye talk via version control history analysis but I’m not 100% the Flex SDK would be a good example for that but would be interesting to do the analysis either way.

Thanks,
Justin

AW: ApacheCon EU 2015 CFP ending next week

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Guys ... back from a 4-day visit to the beach :-)

Couldn't really see if anyone submitted anything for ApacheCon EU 2015 yet ... Justin? What's the status of your proposals? Are they done yet? Anyone else submitting talks? If I don't hear any positive mails till lunch tomorrow I'll write proposals for talks on:

- FlexUnit
- Building Mobile applications with Flex

But that would really feel bad cause I was expecting a little more participation when asking for a Flex track ... if Me and eventually Justin are the only ones submitting, I doubt that the LF will think that Flex has a strong backing by other developers. And the problem is that I am not able to review my own talks so I would have to hope someone else will vote on them. I guess in that case I can be happy to have max. one talk selected ... if even one at all.

Chris

> I just wanted to remind those of you intending on preparing some Papers for the ApacheCon EU 2015 in Budapest, that the CFP ends next week.

Errk need to get on top of that, but I do intend to submit a couple of talks.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,