Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/11/12 22:58:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release 0.2

Please vote on releasing the artifacts at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-002/org/apache/mahout/

KEYS file is in the Mahout root trunk.

Things to do before voting:

1. Download and verify signatures on all the artifacts.
2. Try out the tests, examples, etc.
3. Try it out in any apps that you have.
4. See the Apache pages on releases and see what else I'm missing.
5. Others?

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Monday 16 November 2009 19:44:38 Ted Dunning wrote:
> Congrats.

Congratulations from me as well!

Isabel

--
  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
  /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Congrats.  This was a rocky one which make the relief of completion all the
more sweet.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Done, I agree this should not be a blocker. +1 again to release. Any
other votes?

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing the artifacts at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-002/org/apache/mahout/

+1 to release

> Things to do before voting:
>
> 1. Download and verify signatures on all the artifacts.

I verified the checksums and signature on mahout-0.2-project.tar.bz2
and a few other artifacts. I trust that the others are also OK.

> 2. Try out the tests, examples, etc.

Ran mvn install (Maven 2.2.1, Java 1.6.0, Linux) without problems.

> 3. Try it out in any apps that you have.

None yet. :-(

> 4. See the Apache pages on releases and see what else I'm missing.

The following files should probably come with the Apache license header:

  core/pom.xml
  core/src/main/java/overview.html
  core/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/df/data/DescriptorUtils.java
  core/src/test/java/org/apache/mahout/df/mapred/partial/Step1MapperTest.java
  core/src/test/java/org/apache/mahout/df/mapreduce/partial/Step1MapperTest.java
  examples/pom.xml
  examples/bin/lda.algorithm
  examples/src/main/java/overview.html
  examples/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/cf/taste/example/TasteOptionParser.java
  taste-web/pom.xml
  taste-web/recommender.properties
  utils/pom.xml

Not a blocker for the release, just something to fix for future releases.

> 5. Others?

Verified that the mahout-0.2-project.tar.bz2 package matches the
contents of the mahout-0.2 tag in svn.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2009, at 11:03 PM, Drew Farris wrote:
>
>> It should be a matter of adding an execution to the top level assembly
>> plugin in the release profile to build binary artifacts, but I'm a bit
>> rusty with the setting up binary assemblies for multi-module projects.
>> It is likely that it needs a custom assembly descriptor to put
>> everything in its proper place, but the 0.1 binary release can be used
>> as a template.
>>
>> If something like this isn't covered elsewhere already, I can spend
>> some time with it over the next couple evenings.
>
> Yeah, I punted on it for 0.1, but now with the better Maven publishing we are doing, I likely think we can revisit it since we don't have to install anything ourselves.

+1 for me then.

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Nov 15, 2009, at 11:03 PM, Drew Farris wrote:

> It should be a matter of adding an execution to the top level assembly
> plugin in the release profile to build binary artifacts, but I'm a bit
> rusty with the setting up binary assemblies for multi-module projects.
> It is likely that it needs a custom assembly descriptor to put
> everything in its proper place, but the 0.1 binary release can be used
> as a template.
>
> If something like this isn't covered elsewhere already, I can spend
> some time with it over the next couple evenings.

Yeah, I punted on it for 0.1, but now with the better Maven publishing we are doing, I likely think we can revisit it since we don't have to install anything ourselves.

-Grant

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I don't think it includes binary .jar files. You build them but I
agree, would be much more convenient to provide them. Is this easy to
do? I don't know.

That said I am still +1 on the release as is. It has been 2 months
since we started trying to pull this together and think it's well in
good enough shape.

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
That's all but identical to me. Not sure what's up. I use the 64-bit
JVM by default, maybe that's it?

Don't think you even need to reroll. It's not a code issue, at best a
test issue, and really not even that.

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2