Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Ilaria Castelli <il...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/08 17:25:17 UTC

using commons-vfs as webservice -newbie-

Hi,
I'm trying to develop a webservice using commons-vfs, Apache Tomcat and
Axis1.4.
First of all I wrote and tryed my method locally including the libraries
needed and everything's working.
Then I deployd this class on Axis:

import org.apache.commons.vfs.*;
import java.util.*;
public class VFSi {
   private FileSystemManager fsManager=new
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager();
   public String Move(String From, String To) {...}
   public String Copy (String From, String To) {...}
   public String Delete (String Resource) {...}
}

I put in axis/WEB-INF/lib all the .jar needed, restarted tomcat, and wrote a
trial client to call methods:

      static final String svcURL = "
http://127.0.0.1:8180/axis/services/VFService";

      //.......definiton of fslist Vector - list of filesystems

      Service svc = new Service();
      Call call = (Call) svc.createCall();
      call.setTargetEndpointAddress(svcURL);
      call.setOperationName("Copy");
      String resp = (String) call.invoke (new Object[] {fslist.elementAt
(0).toString(),fslist.elementAt(6).toString()});

running the client I obtain this Exception:

 org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Unknown scheme "file" in URI "
file:///home/user/try1/file.pdf"

and similar Exceptions using other filesystem types (ftp, smb) working
correctly locally but not once deployed.

Since i'm newbie, any help is welcome, thanks.