Posted to user@roller.apache.org by "Neralla, Abhishek" <Ab...@aetn.com> on 2009/06/16 21:38:57 UTC

Roller on Resin environment

Hello,

I am trying to install Roller 4.0.1 on a Solaris OS machine. We are
using the Apache webserver and Resin app server. I downloaded the code
from the Downloads page. I am unable to figure out how to start the
Roller app. Please help.

Is there any documentation for Installing on a Resin server?

Thanks a lot.

- Abhishek.

RE: Roller on Resin environment

Posted by "Neralla, Abhishek" <Ab...@aetn.com>.
Dave,

I was able to resolve the 500 exception by using the Xerces/Xalan parser and configuring this within the Resin configuration.

Now, when I am accessing the Roller app, it said that there are no tables present; so I clicked on "Yes, create tables". This then threw a 404:

The requested URL /roller-ui/install/install!create.rol was not found on this server.

I do not see these files within the roller installation package contents. Please advise.

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Neralla, Abhishek" <Ab...@aetn.com>.
I tried configuring Roller on the Resin/Apache environments. I am able
to access the Static files but when I am trying to access the index.jsp
under /webapp/roller/ , I am getting the following 500 exception. Please
help.

500 Servlet Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
com.caucho.xml.QAttributedNode.getAttributeNodeNS(QAttributedNode.java:1
46)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.location.LocationAttributes.getLocation(Loc
ationAttributes.java:170)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.location.LocationAttributes.getLocation(Loc
ationAttributes.java:183)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.location.LocationUtils.getLocation(Location
Utils.java:253)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.location.LocationUtils.getLocation(Location
Utils.java:202)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.XWorkException.<init>(XWorkException.java:91)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationException.<init>(Configurati
onException.java:74)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.regist
er(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:208)
	at
org.apache.struts2.config.StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.register(Struts
XmlConfigurationProvider.java:101)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(DefaultC
onfiguration.java:131)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(Con
figurationManager.java:52)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init_PreloadConfiguration(Dispa
tcher.java:395)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:452)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.init(FilterDispatcher.jav
a:201)
	at
com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterManager.createFilter(FilterManager.java
:127)
	at
com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterMapper.buildDispatchChain(FilterMapper.
java:169)
	at
com.caucho.server.webapp.Application.buildInvocation(Application.java:17
22)
	at
com.caucho.server.webapp.ApplicationContainer.buildInvocation(Applicatio
nContainer.java:666)
	at com.caucho.server.host.Host.buildInvocation(Host.java:421)
	at
com.caucho.server.host.HostContainer.buildInvocation(HostContainer.java:
322)
	at
com.caucho.server.resin.ServletServer.buildInvocation(ServletServer.java
:641)
	at
com.caucho.server.dispatch.DispatchServer.buildInvocation(DispatchServer
.java:198)
	at
com.caucho.server.hmux.HmuxRequest.handleRequest(HmuxRequest.java:391)
	at
com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:363)
	at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:490)
	at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:423)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Posted by "Neralla, Abhishek" <Ab...@aetn.com>.
Thanks Dave. I'll snoop around...

- Abhishek.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.