Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2016/05/19 08:18:11 UTC

Oak 1.5.3 release plan

Hello team,

I'm planning to cut Oak 1.5.3 on Monday 23rd of May.

There's currently one unassigned blocker for the release. If it is not a
real blocker please change the priority accordingly otherwise I'm for
skipping this cycle and move the release to the 6th of June.

If there are any objections please let me know. Otherwise, if the
blocker will go away, I will re-schedule any non-resolved issue for the
next iteration.

Thanks
Davide

Re: Oak 1.5.3 release plan

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 02/06/2016 12:28, Robert Munteanu wrote:

> What's the current plan for releasing 1.5.3?
>
> I'm trying to take advantange of the recent enhancements to Oak/Jcr and
> remove emebdding of oak-jar from Apache Sling, but can't work with
> 1.5.2 due to OAK-4375 .
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

I had a busy week and then I was on holiday. I'm back today. Planning to
cut it today if I won't find any blocking points (emails, failing
builds, ...)

Cheers
Davide

Re: Oak 1.5.3 release plan

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Oak 1.5.3 release plan

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.
I adjusted the fix version of the blocking issue (OAK-4247) to unblock
the release.

Michael

PS, this is a "real" blocker, just not for the Oak release but for a
release of oak-segment-tar. We have yet to discuss the release
modalities for oak-segment-tar, which should get us rid of this
temporary misusing of "blocking". In the meanwhile I removed the 1.5.x
fix version from that issue so it doesn't get in the way any more.

Michael