Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> on 2019/06/03 06:26:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Doris 0.10.0-incubating-rc02

Hi all,

Please review and vote on Apache Doris 0.10.0-incubating-rc02 release.

Apache Doris is an MPP-based interactive SQL data warehousing for reporting and analysis.

The Apache Doris community has voted on and approved this release:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6c5eee5acd12ba9f18333d27781385980fc326373a8b032d743c62d1@%3Cdev.doris.apache.org%3E

The vote result shows here:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/26b9860665f6d506dc601dccdffb32320bb458c728f3af0984899863@%3Cdev.doris.apache.org%3E

The release candidate has been tagged in GitHub as 0.10.0-rc02, available here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/tree/0.10.0-rc02

===== CHANGE LOG =====

New Features:

* Support Routine Load

Doris now support routine load job, which allow user to create a routine
load job with simple instruction, and the data will be consumed and loaded
into Doris automatically. More information and guide can be found in
[Routine Load](https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/blob/master/docs/documentation/cn/administrator-guide/load-data/routine-load-manual.md).

* Support Doris on ES

Doris now support querying Elasticsearch. User can create an extern table
with engine type `ES`, and query it as a normal table. Doris also support a
new built-in function `es_query()`, which allow user to write special
Elasticsearch query language in SQL. More information and guide can be
found in [Doris-On-ES](https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/blob/master/docs/documentation/cn/extending-doris/doris-on-es.md)

* Support UDF and UDAF

Now user can write UDF and UDAF in C++ language.

* New documentation framework

All documents of Doris will be moved to the directory
`docs/documentation/`. You can see [README](https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/blob/master/docs/readme.md) to
get more information, and help us complete the documentations. Any documents are welcome.
There is also a new directory `samples/` which contains some samples of using Doris.

Enhancement:

* High performance Decimal type implementation.(#727)
* Parallel execution of fragment instance (#851)
* Support hll_union_agg in Analytic Function (#819)
* Support hll_raw_agg in Aggregate Function (#832)
* Support adding columns to multiple rollup indexes in one ALTER TABLE stmt (#931)

Usability:

* Add --daemon option to all start scripts (#642)
* Remove the restrict that delete stmt must specify partition even for unpartitioned table (#668)
* Remove restrict of that Analytic function must have partition by clause (#659)
* Support `enable_insert_strict` session variable to control the insert request (#1013)
* Support NEGATIVE keyword in Broker Load (#1101)
* Support more functions which can be calculated in Frontends: unix_timestamp(), str_to_date(), current_user(), user()
* Support more built-in functions: money_format(), left(), right()
* New metrics: disk_state, tablet_distribution, scheduled_tablet_num
* Forward some requests to Master Frontend to get accurate results (#944)

Bug fixed:

* A lot of bugs fixed. Please see [ISSUES](https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/issues) to get more information.

======================

The artifacts (source, signature and checksum) corresponding to this release candidate can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/doris/0.10/0.10.0-rc2/

This has been signed with PGP key A30C9DA2, corresponding to chenmingyu@apache.org.
KEYS file is available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/doris/0.10/0.10.0-rc2/KEYS
It is also listed here:
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/morningman.asc

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] +0 No opinion

To verify and build, you can refer to following instruction:

Firstly, you must be install and start docker service, and then you could build Doris as following steps:

Step1: Pull the docker image with Doris building environment
$ docker pull apachedoris/doris-dev:build-env
You can check it by listing images, its size is about 3.28GB.

Step2: Run the Docker image
You can run image directly:
$ docker run -it apachedoris/doris-dev:build-env

Step3: Download Doris source
Now you should in docker environment, and you can download Doris source package.
(If you have downloaded source and it is not in image, you can map its path to image in Step2.)
$ wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/doris/0.10/0.10.0-rc2/apache-doris-0.10.0-incubating-src.tar.gz

Step4: Build Doris
Now you can decompress and enter Doris source path and build Doris.
$ tar zxvf apache-doris-0.10.0-incubating-src.tar.gz
$ cd apache-doris-0.10.0.rc02-incubating-src
$ sh build.sh

--
此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Doris 0.10.0-incubating-rc02

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I’ll note that there are some archives included in the release which are related to test cases.

Having compressed archives is not an issue, especially in this case where they contain a few comma separated numbers. I see one contains binary data but it’s not compiled code. It’s if the release contains compiled code that the issue. Have I missed something? (I remember seeing these last time I reviewed their release).

> Under my opinion of what’s permissible on a first release I would likely vote +1,

This is their 3rd release.

> there are copyrights in the LICENSE which should be moved to the NOTICE

Not that I can see, in general copyright statements should not be moved to the NOTICE file for BSD or MIT licenses. [1] NOTICE will only contain copyrights in the NOTICE files form other ALv2 licensed software or copyrights from removed headers.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Doris 0.10.0-incubating-rc02

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
FYI - On the Doris Dev list I’ve asked some questions about third party dependencies to clarify what is required vs. optional.

I’ll note that there are some archives included in the release which are related to test cases.

Under my opinion of what’s permissible on a first release I would likely vote +1, but higher standards might change things. There are cleanups which can be made in the release regarding headers and there are copyrights in the LICENSE which should be moved to the NOTICE. My view is that the project has made an effort to do this correctly.

Regards,
Dave

[CANCEL ][VOTE] Release Apache Doris 0.10.0-incubating-rc02

Posted by MingyuChen <mo...@163.com>.
Hi all:

I have to cancel the vote of Apache Doris 0.10.0-incubating-rc02 release because of some license of third-party dependencies do not compatible with Apache License Version 2.0
The Doris team will fix these issues and release again.

Thank you.

FW: [VOTE] Release Apache Doris 0.10.0-incubating-rc02

Posted by "Tan,Zhongyi" <ta...@baidu.com>.
Hi, @JiashunZhu & @jamesge@apache.org,

Here is one sample of release note.

Please refer it, thanks