Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Mike Walch <mw...@apache.org> on 2018/12/10 20:44:00 UTC

Slack for Accumulo

I would like to create a Slack chatroom for Accumulo and advertise it on on
our 'contact us' page [1] with an invite link to make it easy to join. Is
anyone opposed to this?  There will be no requirement that Accumulo users
or developers use Slack. We currently have an IRC chatroom but it's not
used much. I think Slack will be used more as it's simpler and saves the
latest history which helps if you join an ongoing discussion.  If it ends
up being rarely used over the next few months, I am OK with shutting it
down.

[1]: https://accumulo.apache.org/contact-us/

Re: Slack for Accumulo

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Just made one -- I only saw Mike Wall on slack so far (invited him).

Re: Slack for Accumulo

Posted by Mike Walch <mw...@apache.org>.
From reading previous discussions on the ASF slack, it looks like it's OK
for everyone (users, contributors, etc) to join and an invite link can
posted on project websites. Apache Beam has one on their contact page:
https://beam.apache.org/community/contact-us/

I will create a pull request with something similar for the Accumulo
website.

Re: Slack for Accumulo

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.

Re: Slack for Accumulo