Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stuart Belden <SB...@bjc.org> on 2003/05/20 20:05:14 UTC

Re: Eliminating 'You do not have access to this portlet' message

The no access message is controlled by the localization files, specifically these two values:

SECURITY_NO_ACCESS=You do not have access to these portlets.
SECURITY_NO_ACCESS_TO_PORTLET=You do not have access to this portlet.

I've not found a way to have a portlet not show up at all, but you can restrict having panes show up by assigning them certain security roles.  I've only gotten that to work in one psml file, and I can't seem to get it to take in other similarly styled psml files.  It's not something I've spent huge amounts of time trying to figure out (yet), though.

stu

>>> john.nastasi@ieminc.com 05/20/03 11:05AM >>>
Hello all,

I am setting up security in Jetspeed so that a given user will be a member
of one or more roles.  Depending on the role(s) that have been assigned he
or she will see some portlets defined in the default.psml, but not others.

I'm using <security-ref> tags in PSML, one for each portlet, as demonstrated
in the Registry Access Control section of the Security Configuration guide.

My question ... although it does seem to work, how does one get rid of the
"You do not have access to this portlet" message that appears throughout the
pane?  Ideally, I would like for each "unauthorized" portlet to simply not
show up, without any indication (to the end user) that it should or
shouldn't be there.

Is there a setting to turn this message off, a localization file in which
the text can be blanked out, or does this have to be done in source.  I'm
using the WAR distribution for my project, so would prefer to stay away from
source code hacks :-).

Thanks in advance for any insight someone might have on this!

John Nastasi