Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2011/01/03 20:15:49 UTC

Fwd: [Solr Wiki] Update of "FrontPage" by DavidSmiley

Kind of a nit-pick, but I don't think this needs to be limited to just geographical search.  We actually have clients who use the spatial filtering in non-lat/lon uses (and it was designed with such in mind, hence the support for n-dimensional distance calculations).  Perhaps we should leave it as spatial and then add a few words of description after indicating it is for geo-spatial as well as others?

Begin forwarded message: