Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by aquero <ar...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/05 07:25:28 UTC

What are these errors: DNS_FROM_OPENWHOIS RBL & FH_DATE_PAST_20XX??

 Hi,
    I have installed spam-assassin in my mail server and when i sent mails
from my gmail accout i always get these errors.
* 2.4 DNS_FROM_OPENWHOIS RBL: Envelope sender listed in bl.open-whois.org.
* 3.4 FH_DATE_PAST_20XX The date is grossly in the future.
Because of these errors my spam score is always greater than 5 and i think a
spam score greater than 5 is not good. I googled about these errors , and I
read somewhere that if I update spam-assassin, these errors would go. Is it
true? Are these errors critical? if not, how can i turn these checks off?

Re: What are these errors: DNS_FROM_OPENWHOIS RBL & FH_DATE_PAST_20XX??

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
On 5.6.2010 8:25, aquero wrote:

>  Hi,
>     I have installed spam-assassin in my mail server and when i sent mails
> from my gmail accout i always get these errors.
> * 2.4 DNS_FROM_OPENWHOIS RBL: Envelope sender listed in bl.open-whois.org.
> * 3.4 FH_DATE_PAST_20XX The date is grossly in the future.
> Because of these errors my spam score is always greater than 5 and i think a
> spam score greater than 5 is not good. I googled about these errors , and I
> read somewhere that if I update spam-assassin, these errors would go. Is it
> true? Are these errors critical? if not, how can i turn these checks off?

Just # sa-update

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/
client, please contact me.

Beware of a dark-haired man with a loud tie.

Re: What are these errors: DNS_FROM_OPENWHOIS RBL & FH_DATE_PAST_20XX??

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 04.06.10 22:25, aquero wrote:
>     I have installed spam-assassin in my mail server and when i sent mails
> from my gmail accout i always get these errors.
> * 2.4 DNS_FROM_OPENWHOIS RBL: Envelope sender listed in bl.open-whois.org.
> * 3.4 FH_DATE_PAST_20XX The date is grossly in the future.

install newer, if not the newest verison of spamassassin.
run sa-update (and reload spamd, if you use it) afterwards.

Re: What are these errors: DNS_FROM_OPENWHOIS RBL & FH_DATE_PAST_20XX??

Posted by aquero <ar...@gmail.com>.

Per Jessen wrote:

> aquero wrote:
>
>> I read somewhere that if I update spam-assassin, these errors would
>> go. Is it true?
>
> Yes. They have been fixed.
>
>> Are these errors critical?
>
> Depends - what does your mail server do to mails with spam score > 5 ?
>
>> if not,  how can i turn these checks off?
>
> Set score to 0 to disable the rules.
>
> score <rule> 0
>

> /Per Jessen, Zürich

Thanks for your reply. I was planning to label a mail as spam if it exceeds
a rating of 5. Since all my mails from gmail had a rating above 5 , I was
bit confused.

Re: What are these errors: DNS_FROM_OPENWHOIS RBL & FH_DATE_PAST_20XX??

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
aquero wrote:

> I read somewhere that if I update spam-assassin, these errors would
> go. Is it true?

Yes. They have been fixed.