Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID> on 2020/03/05 15:21:18 UTC

[fx] test specifications

Have we decided which specs we're going to use to test FX support?
Geertjan went through the existing ones and recommended that most of
them be considered obsolete.

On the Synergy home page, we see a new spec "JavaFX - JDK 13 / 8
Projects and Deployments", updated by Scott Palmer. Is this ready for
testing, or does it need more updates? Considering the radical changes
FX has been through, are this one and the existing Scene Builder spec
enough for testing FX support in 12.0?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: [fx] test specifications

Posted by Scott Palmer <sw...@gmail.com>.
I agree that Ant support is less important, but I also think Gradle JavaFX projects should be covered. The OpenJFX project does supply a Gradle plugin after all.

I also agree with simplifying the tests to have less tasks.

I did begin editing the test specs, then work got busy again and I’m only a few days from an upcoming vacation. I don’t know if I will have time to complete them.

(As I was working in them I did notice that things did not go smoothly with 11.3. I didn’t have time to dig in.)

Scott

Re: [fx] test specifications

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Here, what needs to be done is documented:
https://openjfx.io/openjfx-docs/#IDE-NetBeans

Gj

Re: [fx] test specifications

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.