Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Yufei Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/11 11:41:05 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] FLIP-213: TaskManager's Flame Graphs

Hi Jacky,
I think it’s a very useful feature, can get flame graph easily and avoid
run script personally.
But I think can package async-profiler library into flink, and use JNI
execute the profiling, doesn’t depend on local environment.
We did this way in out internal version, and provide api to download
generated html file.

Jacky Lau <28...@qq.com.invalid> 于2022年1月24日周一 16:48写道:

Posted by Alexander Fedulov <al...@ververica.com>.
Hi Jacky,

Some performance improvements for Flame Graphs related to how the stack
traces are collected were recently merged [1]. Since you are working on a
real-life environment with high parallelism, could you maybe run a couple
of tests to verify that everything still works as expected after the
change? Ideally we should now be able to remove the feature flag for Flame
Graphs, but I would like to collect some data points first.

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/19228

Thanks,
Alexander Fedulov