Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk> on 2011/02/10 00:36:21 UTC

Index with Solr to my own webapp

Hi list,

I am at Solr indexing stage and seem to have hit trouble when sending crawldb linkdb and segments/* to Solr to be indexed. I have added xml file to $CATALINA_HOME/cong/catalina/localhost with my webapp specifics. My Solr 1.4.1 implementation resides within my web app at following location /home/lewis/Downloads/mywebapp but when I send this command to index with Solr

lewis@lewis-01:~/Downloads/nutch-1.2$ bin/nutch solrindex http://127.0.0.1:8080/mywebapp crawl/crawldb crawl/linkdb crawl/segments/*

I am getting java.io.IOException: Job failed!

I had experienced this before when I was using the Solrindex command incorrectly, I am hoping that this is not the case, however, it is late and I might have missed something simple.

I have Hadoop.log if this would help at all.

Any suggestions please. Thanks

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html

Re: Index with Solr to my own webapp

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Nutch is looking good. Is Solr running at all? The example doesn't have a log
output, it jut writes to stdout when running. If you're running under Tomcat
Solr logs are by default written to catalina.out.

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.
Hi Markus

Ok first is first, here is Hadoop.log

2011-02-09 23:24:11,826 INFO  indexer.IndexingFilters - Adding org.apache.nutch.indexer.basic.BasicIndexingFilter
2011-02-09 23:24:11,828 INFO  indexer.IndexingFilters - Adding org.apache.nutch.indexer.anchor.AnchorIndexingFilter
[...]

        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:243)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:105)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:49)
        at org.apache.nutch.indexer.solr.SolrWriter.write(SolrWriter.java:64)
        at org.apache.nutch.indexer.IndexerOutputFormat$1.write(IndexerOutputFormat.java:54)
        at org.apache.nutch.indexer.IndexerOutputFormat$1.write(IndexerOutputFormat.java:44)

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.