Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Alan Thomas <ja...@verizon.net> on 2010/02/10 05:19:06 UTC

PDF Box: Not getting RGBimage

  Hi.  I am extracting images from a PDF document that has content on every page.
To process it further, I get the RGBImage from the PDXObjectImage.

However, for one particular file, this RGBImage is returning null for every page.

      What might be causing this?

      I can send the file directly via email but am not comfortable posting it.

Thanks, Alan

                            PDXObjectImage image = (PDXObjectImage)images.get( key );
                            System.out.println("PDX image has height = " + image.getHeight()
                                                + " and width " + image.getWidth());
                            // Convert image to a Buffered Image, so we can
                            // look for a barcode and decode it
                            BufferedImage RGBimage = image.getRGBImage();
                            if (RGBimage == null)
                                System.out.println("RGBimage is null");