Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2008/12/05 17:44:14 UTC

[2.x] OSGi version for Tuscany are 1.4?

Why are all the OSGi versions for Tuscany bundles set to 1.4 and not 2.0.1
or similar?

Simon

Re: [2.x] OSGi version for Tuscany are 1.4?

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
I agree. Let's stick to the fixed versioning scheme.

Thanks,
Raymond
Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: [2.x] OSGi version for Tuscany are 1.4?

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
My immediate thoughts...

Simon

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  This is a left-over. We can set them to 2.0.0 as the starting point.
>
> A versioning strategy is more interesting as we release the code over time.
> There are a few questions to be answered:
>
> 1) Should we always change the bundle package versions to be consistent
> with the release version?

Yes

> 2) How do we version the minor releases?  Do we want to support the
> package level compatibility within a version range?

Not sure what this means. We have had previous minor releases such as
1.3.1.Do you mean that a runtime could be made up of some 1.3 bundles
mixed in
with some 1.3.1 bundles? I guess that's a strategy that could be adopted if
you wanted to patch a single bundle (or small number of bundles). We'd have
to have a testing strategy to cover these cases though.