Posted to user@knox.apache.org by rabii lamriq <la...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/15 07:15:14 UTC

HS2 binary thru knox

Hi

Is binary mode of Hiveserver2 supported by knox? If yes, how to configure
HA between 4 HS2 instances (2 in http and 2 in binary mode)

Best
Rabii

Re: HS2 binary thru knox

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.
The issue here is that HiveServer2 contains state. This is true for any
query regardless of Knox. Any JDBC client connecting to HS2 needs to
disconnect and reconnect on failure. There are no workarounds for this.
With HS2 and Zookeeper, the client must disconnect on failure and reconnect
at which point the client will ask ZK for a new server. Knox works the same
way in that if there is a failure, the client must disconnect and
reconnect. If the client doesn't disconnect/reconnect then there is a
chance to get weird errors. Work is not preserved moving between HS2
instances in many cases.

Kevin Risden

Re: HS2 binary thru knox

Posted by rabii lamriq <la...@gmail.com>.