Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ejeppson <es...@msn.com> on 2009/03/03 20:47:25 UTC

Cocoon in an unpacked tomcat environment

I have recently upgraded a cocoon project from v1 to 2.2 using the new blocks
architecture. Everything works great when I run it in jetty, but when I try
to deploy to tomcat 5.5 I run into problems. Our standard tomcat environment
does NOT unpack the war file (we set unpackWARs="false" in server.xml). I
have read many posts with similar issues, but the solution always says to
confirm that tomcat is unpacking the cocoon files. Does anyone know if
setting unpackWARS to false is supported in cocoon?

This is the exact error that I get when trying to deploy:

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Cannot
resolve context://sitemap.xmap

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me.