Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Holger Stolzenberg <h....@ewerk.com> on 2007/10/29 09:52:17 UTC

Calling a JS function after tacos:tree has finished loading

Hey guys.

I am using TAP-4.0.2/Tacos-4.0 for my app. This app contains a tacos:tree within a own render 'div' element which has a fixed size and overflow scroll. The tacos:tree is loaded delayed, that means the tree content is created after the page has loaded via a JS function call. If the content of the tree grows bigger then the div size and the user clicks a link that changes the page, the tree gets recreated.

Here is the problem. If the selected treenode was outside the visible div area it is now not visible because after rerender the divs scroll offset is reset to (0,0). This is a usability issue, because the user always has to scroll back down to the selected treeNode.

I have a JS function that can handle this for me but I do not know how to call it appropriatly because the script the calls the Dojo function to create the tree will automatically always be the last script before 'body' tag closes.

I think there is a way to do this by using the dojo.event AOP API but could not figure how correctly.

Any answers or other ideas how to implement this are very appreciated.

Mit lieben Grüßen aus dem eWerk