Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Roy S." <ro...@ubc.ca> on 2010/05/10 23:18:24 UTC

Thread group parameters based on # of transactions on peak hour

Hi
I have the following transactions on a web application I'm trying to
configure the Thread group for:
Peak Month approximately 60,000 Txns
Peak Day in that month 7,000 Txns
and Peak Hour in that day around 600 transactions.

My plan, pls advise/recommend any paramter change:
application presents an online payment where credit card is entered and
submitted...
I'm distributing the 600 Txns over three machines with 200 each. With a Ramp
up period of 10s. I have also included a Timer with 3s + 1s deviation.?
I also want to run the test for a longer period (for example for 1 hour), do
I increase my ramp-up time
which would make loading of each thread too long?

Thanks in advance for your input