Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/21 15:40:37 UTC

Deep Learning on Flink

Hey all,

Does anyone know of any specific deep learning implementations on Flink.

I searched the mailing list and saw there was a discussion last year, but
that is about all that came up.

I need to do some deep learning for work, and learn about it my self - if
nothing out there exists, I'll write one as a 3rd party project.

Just wanted to throw a line out there in case someone else has a 3rd party
project I might contribute to.

Best,
tg

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*

Re: Deep Learning on Flink

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Trevor,

There's been an initiative that's just started out on to add Flink as
another execution engine on Deeplearning4J (http://deeplearning4j.org).

We could move this conversation there.

Re: Deep Learning on Flink

Posted by Till Rohrmann <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi Trevor,

at the moment we don't have a deep learning library implemented on top of
Flink. As far as I know, Suneel (smarthi@apache.org) tinkered with the idea
to implement deep learning with Flink. Maybe he can tell you more about his
progress so far.

Supporting deep learning would be awesome :-)

Cheers,
Till