Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/20 09:11:02 UTC

Slack digest for #dev - 2019-12-20

2019-12-20 05:07:56 UTC - Gautam Lodhiya: @Gautam Lodhiya has joined the channel
----
2019-12-20 08:11:27 UTC - Gautam Lodhiya: Hi All,

Need some help on throughput thing.

I am running apache-pulsar standalone on my local machine as docker container for queuing system and pushing 1000 jobs to one topic (lets say ‘demo’).

If I have 1 consumer listening to ‘demo’ topic and processing the job and acknowledging (within 100ms - 500ms). All the jobs gets completed in around 80 secs.

But if I have do the same 1000 jobs test with more consumers (2 or 4 consumers), the overall throughput remains the same like around 80 secs.

I am not sure whether I am missing some configurations needed or will need multiple pulsar brokers or what should I do so that if I increase the consumers, consumption throughput should also gets increased (like around 40-45 secs incase of 2 consumers).

Docker image: apachepulsar/pulsar
consumer options:
“subscriptionType”: “Shared”, “receiverQueueSize”: 100, “ackTimeoutMillis”: 1200000
----