Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jürgen Heidak <Ju...@cursor.de> on 2003/06/13 15:21:01 UTC

XDoclet tags errors in javadoc report

Hi

We're using xdoclet to generate all EJB interfaces (Home, Remote, Local).

When running javadoc:report I get a warning (e.g. @ejbHome is an unknown tag) for every xdoclet tag. As the project grows (and therefore the number of xdoclet related warnings) its getting harder to find "true" javadoc errors. Its a question of time until the javadoc report will become useless for me because its full of warnings related to xdoclet tags.

Since I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one using xdoclet AND javadoc I would like to know how others deal with this problem.

Any suggestions ?

The javadoc tool provides an option (-tag) to disable certain tags the option is also available in Ant's javadoc task. If its considered useful I can make a patch to add a adequate property to the javadoc plugin ?

Regards Juergen

Re: XDoclet tags errors in javadoc report

Posted by Aslak Hellesøy <as...@thoughtworks.net>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Its not documeted by you can handle this by declaring you -tag
> statements under the "maven.javadoc.additionalparam" property.
>
> Cheers, Steve.

I have also submitted Ant and MAven patches to make this a lot easier:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?id=10510

Future versions of XDoclet will ship with blah.tags files.

Aslak

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Jürgen Heidak wrote:

>Hi
>
>We're using xdoclet to generate all EJB interfaces (Home, Remote, Local).
>
>When running javadoc:report I get a warning (e.g. @ejbHome is an unknown tag) for every xdoclet tag. As the project grows (and therefore the number of xdoclet related warnings) its getting harder to find "true" javadoc errors. Its a question of time until the javadoc report will become useless for me because its full of warnings related to xdoclet tags.
>
>Since I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one using xdoclet AND javadoc I would like to know how others deal with this problem.
>
>Any suggestions ?
>

>The javadoc tool provides an option (-tag) to disable certain tags the option is also available in Ant's javadoc task. If its considered useful I can make a patch to add a adequate property to the javadoc plugin ?
>

>Regards Juergen

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org
http://www.osm.net