Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Udaya <uk...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 17:03:32 UTC

Schema.xml:Appending a field value to another field value

Hi,
Need your help,
I would like to know how we could append or add one field value to another
field in Scheme.xml
My scheme is as follows (only the field part is given):
Scheme.xml
 <fields>
 <field name="topics_id" type="integer" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" />
   <field name="topics_subject" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true"/>
   <field name="post_text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

	<field name="url" type="string" stored="true"
default="http://comp.com/portals/ForumWindow?action=1&amp;v=t&amp;p="topics_id"#"topics_id""
/>
	<field name="all_text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

Here for the field with name "topics_id" we get id from a table. I what his
topics_id value to be appended into the default value attribute of the field
with name "url".

For eg:
Suppose if we get topics_id value as 512 during a search then the value of
the url should be appended as
http://comp.com/portals/JBossForumWindow?action=1&amp;v=t&amp;p=512#512

Is this possible, plz give me some suggestions.
Thanks,
Udaya