Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org> on 2017/12/09 23:03:00 UTC

4.1.4 release in December

Hey folks,
I wanted to check with you if there is any work planned to be done with 4.1.x branch this month, as I would like to push some fixes & flush them out.
These are needed for OpenHab community, which might not be as big as ODL but, it does run into troubles from time to time.

As I never handled release, despite of having such possibility, I could try to do it and offload „standard” team members handling this task.

Cheers,
Łukasz Dywicki

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
No problem !

It happens sometime when cherry-pick ;)

Regards
JB

On 12/10/2017 10:59 PM, luke@code-house.org wrote:
> Hey Jean,
> Yeah, I was committing this changes and obviously I missed a file which I had to bring back from 4.2.x test infra to 4.1.x. I was aware that this change is risky, however I didn’t get any Jenkins notification about build failure which made me think that everything went fine. It is my fault that I didn’t check CI build.
>
> Thank you very much for taking care about that, and once more - sorry for breaking it.
>
> Kind regards,
> Lukasz
>

>> On 10 Dec 2017, at 07:09, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>
>> Just fixed it.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 12/10/2017 06:48 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> By the way,
>>> I saw that you merged/cherry-picked the addition of LDAPPubkeyLoginModule.
>>> However, I guess you didn't test on Karaf 4.1.x branch and you broke the build:
>>> https://builds.apache.org/view/K/view/Karaf/job/karaf-4.1.x/361/
>>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>>> [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
>>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>>> [ERROR] /home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/karaf-4.1.x/jaas/modules/src/test/java/org/apache/karaf/jaas/modules/ldap/LDAPPubkeyLoginModuleTest.java:[26,44] cannot find symbol
>>>    symbol:   class PrincipalHelper
>>>    location: package org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules
>>> I'm fixing it now.
>>> Please, at least run a full build before pushing.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

Posted by lu...@code-house.org.

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Just fixed it.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
By the way,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

thanks for the update, I will take a look as well.

Regards
JB

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.