Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/17 16:59:09 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Call For Papers Now Open: ApacheCon Europe 2012

The ASF announced the CFP is now open for ApacheCon Europe 2012.[1]

We have proposed a concept wherein the Apache OpenOffice project will work
to build a program for sessions, hacking and community development. This is
the 'conference-within-a-conference idea where we work to fill a minimum of
a full day. There will be other opportunities to shape this as we see the

If you are interested to volunteer to support this effort please subscribe
to  apachecon-discuss@apache.org.  The conference web site is
http://apachecon.com/

Our wiki for conference planning is: http://s.apache.org/4cp  I recommend
we continue to edit and shape our plan on here.

August 3rd is the deadline for CFP submissions, so if you want to present,
now is the time to prepare your submission. Don't wait. :)

/don

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Call For Papers Now Open: ApacheCon Europe 2012

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The ASF announced the CFP is now open for ApacheCon Europe 2012.[1]
>
> We have proposed a concept wherein the Apache OpenOffice project will work
> to build a program for sessions, hacking and community development. This is
> the 'conference-within-a-conference idea where we work to fill a minimum of
> a full day. There will be other opportunities to shape this as we see the
>
> If you are interested to volunteer to support this effort please subscribe
> to  apachecon-discuss@apache.org.  The conference web site is
> http://apachecon.com/

The new conference web site is: http://www.apachecon.eu/

I strongly encourage our community to go into this site, read up on the
ApacheCon Europe and consider submitting a proposal for a talk. This is a
great opportunity to build a stream of sessions, comprising a
'conference-within-a-conference' for our Apache OpenOffice project content.
Don't wait!

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Don,
  I'm not quite sure what I can do, since I don't know if I can get the
approval for travel then... But maybe I can help on some thing like helping
the proposal reviewing, agenda making and some other works...
  So please count me in. I also want to take this opportunity to get some
experience on it.
  Thanks!

- Simon

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.