Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "estelle.bochinger" <es...@laposte.net> on 2003/02/03 15:01:31 UTC

fo:page-number-citation

Hello,

I have a problem with the insertion of the
fo:page-number-citation.
It proves that when I insert the element
fo:page-number-citation in a flow of text, the text overflows
in the margin.
I read that it was about a limitation of fop but I would like
to know if that will be to correct in the next versions?

Thank you

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,13 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)"

Re: fo:page-number-citation

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
estelle.bochinger wrote:
> I have a problem with the insertion of the
> fo:page-number-citation.
> It proves that when I insert the element
> fo:page-number-citation in a flow of text, the text overflows
> in the margin.
> I read that it was about a limitation of fop but I would like
> to know if that will be to correct in the next versions?

This is caused by page-number-citations which point to pages
not yet rendered at the time the page-number-citation is
rendered, so called forward references.
You can try to arrange your FO source so that this situation
doesn't happen, for example put the TOC after the main text
rather than in front of it.
Also, the most recent FOP release 0.20.5rc reserves more space
for the page number, it should work at least up to 99 pages and
for most fonts up to 999 pages. Check whether this solves your
problem.
As for a proper fix, this is on the todo list but it is undecided
whether it will go into the pending release.

J.Pietschmann

Re: fo:page-number-citation

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
estelle.bochinger wrote:

> I have a problem with the insertion of the
> fo:page-number-citation.
> It proves that when I insert the element
> fo:page-number-citation in a flow of text, the text overflows
> in the margin.
> I read that it was about a limitation of fop but I would like
> to know if that will be to correct in the next versions?
Without seeing your fo documents it's not too clear what are you talking
about. Elaborate you question please, but in fop-user mail list, this
list is for developers of FOP.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team