Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <no...@c.dk> on 2004/06/23 14:30:27 UTC

Can I queue http requests in Cocoon 2.1.5 standalone?

I have a situation where I want to use vanilla Cocoon  with a few extra
classes to render XSL-FO to an untraditional format, which I have
working with the Jetty included.

What I need to do now, is to limit the number of concurrent requests to
avoid FOP to run out of memory, since we may have quite demanding prints
and being able to isolate it is the primary reason for this exercise.  I
thought that the Avalon pool parameters were for this, but that is
apparently for determining when to destroy or pool components.

So, what I need is a way to say "If there is already X requests running
when the next http-request happens, then wait until one of the active
jobs finish and then execute the waiting job" and allow quite a queue to
build up. Can this be done with what is included in Cocoon?

--
  Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen      "...plus...Tubular Bells!"

Re: Can I queue http requests in Cocoon 2.1.5 standalone?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 23.06.2004 14:30, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:

> I have a situation where I want to use vanilla Cocoon  with a few extra
> classes to render XSL-FO to an untraditional format, which I have
> working with the Jetty included.
>
> What I need to do now, is to limit the number of concurrent requests to
> avoid FOP to run out of memory, since we may have quite demanding prints
> and being able to isolate it is the primary reason for this exercise.  I
> thought that the Avalon pool parameters were for this, but that is
> apparently for determining when to destroy or pool components.
>
> So, what I need is a way to say "If there is already X requests running
> when the next http-request happens, then wait until one of the active
> jobs finish and then execute the waiting job" and allow quite a queue to
> build up. Can this be done with what is included in Cocoon?

Sounds like a task for the servlet container. If it is not configurable,
you can reach that functionality probably by using servlet filters.

Joerg