Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Niels Gylling <ng...@it-practice.dk> on 2007/03/02 18:45:28 UTC

Deploy exported-pom.xml with deploy plugin

I would like to release my pom info with resolved version info etc to
our shared repository.

When I install an artifact, the exported-pom.xml file is generated -
possibly if updateReleaseInfo is set to true.

Now if I perform a deploy also with the same parameter set, the pom
deployed to the shared repository is not released, ie. contains varibles
and reference to parent pom etc.

I would like this to happen as we have several parallel versions of the
same artifact, and version number of dependencies are fetched from a
parent pom - and I would hate to change the parent pom between the
parallel versions.

Now I could override the deploy plugin to suit me, but still..

Lookin at deploy-plugin source, it looks like an issue with the deploy
component.

(Still running maven 2.0.4)

/Niels