Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Paul Ryder <pa...@greenwaymediatech.com> on 2023/02/23 13:55:29 UTC

Solr copyfield error

Hi All,

Getting errors on Solr such as "copyfield dest: 'fred_str' is not an explicit field and doesn't match a dynamic field"

The solrconfig has an entry

<lst name="copyField">
        <str name="dest">*_str</str>
        <int name="maxChars">256</int>
</lst>

This seems to be relation to Guessing field types

The schema does not contain an dynamic field entry for _str  (it only has _s for string type)

So if Solr is copying fields to its guessed type and also to _str (according to docs) then shouldn't the dynamic field *_str be in schema?

OR

Thanks, Paul

RE: Solr copyfield error

Posted by Paul Ryder <pa...@greenwaymediatech.com>.
Should have said, this is Solr 8.1.1 running under Sitecore managed_schema...