Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by leerho <le...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/21 18:08:06 UTC

No access to dist.apache.org

1) I am trying to create our first podling release candidate and need
access to dist.apache.org to record PGP keys, etc.  There is no listing for
our podling project datasketches and I have no write access to that site.
How can I make progress?

2) I would like to create a temporary landing page for our website at
datasketches.apache.org.
How do I do that?

Lee.

Re: No access to dist.apache.org

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 1:45 PM leerho <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) I asked INFRA how to setup the proper structures in dist.a.o.
> INFRA tells me that IPMC members create the proper folders in dist/dev and
> dist/release directories and once created the PPMC should have access.

Regarding the infrastructure requirements, this should be worked with
your mentors to get
this properly setup. Having said that, I went ahead and created the
two folders to help.

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/datasketches/

> 2) There is also no "Staging Profile" in Apache Nexus Repository for
> datasketches.  When does that get set up?

I don't remember if this needs to manually be setup or not, but this
should be handled by infra.

> I have been held up for a full week now in making any progress in migrating
> to ASF.  I need to create the first Release Candidate artifact so that it
> can be referenced as a dependency by our other repositories.  I keep
> running into roadblocks where the basic infrastructure has not be set up
> that would allow me to make progress.
>
> I would be really grateful if someone could help guide me through this
> first "release" process steps.
>
> Specifically:
> a) Review our POM file for correct setup for a release to Apache (at least
> a release candidate)
> b) Guide me through the required Maven or command-line commands to get this
> first release created.

Getting your self familiar with the release policy and legal
requirement is part of learning the apache way in the incubator. There
are a few recent discussions on the general@ detailing some of these
steps and what is acceptable or not. But please follow up with your
mentors on more specific details in the context of datasketches
podling.

Apache release policy:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html

Podling release guide:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

As for release steps (automated maven commands), this might be helpful
https://github.com/apache/bahir/blob/master/dev/release-build.sh

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975