Posted to user@hive.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/13 18:09:44 UTC

what is difference hive local model and standalone model.

what is difference hive local model and standalone model. Can the hive local
model be ran in windows?

Re: what is difference hive local model and standalone model.

Posted by lei liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Could anybody answer me the question?

Thanks,

LiuLei

Posted by lei liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joydeep Sen Sarma <js...@facebook.com>.
Lei - not sure I understand the question. I tried to document the relationship between hive, MR and local-mode at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/GettingStarted#Hive.2C_Map-Reduce_and_Local-Mode recently. perhaps you have already read it.

Regarding whether local mode can be run on windows or not - I really don't know. First of all - hadoop has to be runnable in local mode on windows (using cygwin I presume?). then one has to test hive against this - one would think it should work if hadoop does - but we would have to verify.

(ie. yes - it should be possible in theory - but in practice - there are probably bugs that need to get sorted out for this to happen).

what is difference hive local model and standalone model. Can the hive local model be ran in windows?