Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jason Baragry <Ja...@nr.no> on 2003/08/13 13:32:42 UTC

Returning XML doc

G'Day,

Is there a way of setting my Page to be XML instead of HTML?
I'm returning a page that contains an applet. The applet then
contacts another screen to request the dataset that
it needs to display. That dataset is in XML.

I set the layout to be empty (just the screen_placeholder) and the
screen writes in a string version of my xml doc. However, the page
slaps html tags around it before it is sent back. My xml parser
then chokes on it. Is there a way to set page settings from within
the screen class. All the methods in the javadoc look like they are
for manipulating html attributes.

thanks

Jason

Re: Returning XML doc

Posted by Jason Baragry <Ja...@nr.no>.
Jeffery Painter wrote:
> I think you would probably want to use something like RawScreen instead
> of VelocityScreen or SecureScreen if you are extending either of those,
> it will put the HTML tags around the output.

That's got it, thanks.

Jason

Re: Returning XML doc

Posted by Jason Baragry <Ja...@nr.no>.

Re: Returning XML doc

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.
I think you would probably want to use something like RawScreen instead
of VelocityScreen or SecureScreen if you are extending either of those,
it will put the HTML tags around the output.

Jeff Painter

Re: Returning XML doc

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.