Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1997/09/23 20:43:42 UTC

server seems busy [error] message

[Tue Sep 23 13:32:22 1997] [error] server seems busy, spawning 8 children (you may need to increase StartServers, or Min/MaxSpareServers)

This is not an error. With "MaxRequestPerChild" set low (e.g. for mod_perl
reasons), these status messages can come thick and fast.

Can we switch these off by default please ?

Re: server seems busy [error] message

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
You can lower it to info.  But I'm guessing that the code isn't doing good
things for you if they come think and fast ... you may want to limit
MAX_SPAWN_RATE.

Dean