Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Mike <na...@yahoo.com> on 2011/05/14 18:03:12 UTC

Using Toad for Hive

Hi,

  I started using Toad for Hive,looks cool! I installed the plugins in Eclipse in windows and it started working fine.
I have a few questions:

1. Does it work with Ubuntu-Linux?
2.
 Job Tracker works okay, but when I look into some tasktracker logs, the
 url gets changed as hostnames of the tasktrackers instead of IPs and so
 I have to manually edit the URL in the JobTracker console to have the
tasktracker logs! Is there some way I could solve this?
3.
 Is there a way to kill a Hive Job from the Toad console? The Stop SQL
button in the SQL Editor stops the command from Toad but do not kill the
 job.

Thanks,
Mike