Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch> on 2005/01/12 09:58:20 UTC

4.0 Requirements: Proxy chains

In our architecture draft at
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpClientApiRedesign

we should include proper architecture support for proxies and proxy
chains. This involves storing authentication information along the proxy
chain as well. We definitely need more than just a ProxyConnectRequest
to achieve that.

Motivated by Roland Weber, I find the HttpState class bad. Especially
the inheritance hierarchy seems weird. Why would HttpState (which sounds
very general) extend a CookieStore (which sounds very specific)?

Ortwin Glück
  NOSE applied intelligence ag

  software engineer

Re: 4.0 Requirements: Proxy chains

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 03:44:48PM +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> what's wrong with having an InMemoryCookieStore in
> http-cookie and a StdCredentialsProvider in http-auth?

Roland,
I see nothing wrong with that either.

Oleg

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.