Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Krishna Pramod <ak...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/10 12:17:26 UTC

API for session recording control

Hello Everyone,

Good morning.

I am looking for a Guacamole API which can be used to start / stop a
recording for a specific connection.

Is there any such API already developed or under consideration?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Pramod

Re: API for session recording control

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 7:17 AM Krishna Pramod <ak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Good morning.
>
> I am looking for a Guacamole API which can be used to start / stop a recording for a specific connection.
>
> Is there any such API already developed or under consideration?

There is no API to start/stop recording - recording is done by guacd,
and, if enabled, is started when the connection begins and ends when
the connection stops. I believe the request to have a way to start and
stop recording has come up - there may even be an existing Jira issue
for it - but it has not been implemented to date.

-Nick

Re: API for session recording control

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.