Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Abhijeet Pathak <Ab...@kpitcummins.com> on 2012/12/19 09:23:48 UTC

Configuring failover sync in Flume-ng

Hi,

I've working setup of flume-ng agent (1 source [tail], 1 channel[jdbc], 1 sink [AsyncHbase]) on one server.

However, I am not able to find documentation on how to configure failover sinks for such scenario.

I want to run same sink as backup/failover sink on different server.
How can that be configured?

Thanks,
Abhijeet

Re: Configuring failover sync in Flume-ng

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
YOUR_NAME.sinks = HOSTSINK-1 HOSTSINK-2

HOSTSINK-1.type=
HOSTSINK-1.bind=HOSTNAME-1
HOSTSINK-1.port=needed by JDBC?
HOSTSINK-1.channels=YOUR_CHANNELS

the same for the other HOSTSINK and deploy the config to the hosts and startup. Should work.

Best,
 Alex

Posted by Abhijeet Pathak <Ab...@kpitcummins.com>.
Yes, I saw that.