Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/02 22:38:32 UTC

[VOTE] Struts 2.1.6 Blank Archetype

I've checked in a (mostly) working updated blank-archetype to the maven
svn trunk.

There's a new archetypes doc page at [1], along with a more detailed
look at the blank archetype itself at [2] that talks a bit about Maven
and the blank app itself.

Caveats:

There are some archetype issues I'm a little fuzzy on, including but not
limited to the following issues I'd like to fix (or have fixed ;)

- I had to add a commons-logging dependency but I'm not sure why
- mvn package is including Spring/Mock/Junit in the WAR
- the index.html's refresh doesn't seem to work under Jetty
- I don't know how to deploy the artifact

Any info appreciated. I'll try to start on the starter-archetype at some
point, but the next few weeks are pretty stressed for a variety of
uninteresting reasons. (Except that I get to use JRoR in my new day job,
which I'm hoping will have some nice synergies.)

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, longer upon request.
A vote can be amended at any time to upgrade or downgrade the quality
of the release based on future experience. If an initial vote
designates the build as "Beta", the release will be submitted for
mirroring and announced to the user list. Once released as a public
beta, subsequent quality votes on a build may be held on the user
list.

As always, the act of voting carries certain obligations. A binding
vote not only states an opinion, but means that the voter is agreeing
to help do the work

Dave

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.1.6 Blank Archetype

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Musachy Barroso wrote:
> +1 GA
>
> The commons-logging dep is not a big deal, where you getting an error
> with out it?

mvn jetty:run

Once a URL is hit is goes boom.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Musachy Barroso wrote:
> I haven't used eclipse in a bit now, but doesn't the maven command
> need to be like:
>
> mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.5
>
> otherwise it doesn't get created as a web project?

No clue--I didn't do anything about those parts.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
I haven't used eclipse in a bit now, but doesn't the maven command
need to be like:

mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.5

otherwise it doesn't get created as a web project?

musachy

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
+1 GA

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Martin Cooper wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Wendy Smoak wrote:

>>> Has it been tagged and staged in a repository that we can test?  We
>>> need to vote on the binaries that will be released.
>>>
>> Ah. No; I can tag it no sweat, I have no idea how to do all that staging
>> stuff but I'll look at the release prep docs and try to figure it out--just
>> not sure when (started a new job today and am feeling some time pressure).
>

> Where are we on this? I don't see any activity since this thread, but I
> could easily have missed it.

I'm nowhere on it; I'm just now in the process of coming up for air
(finally). This week is still pretty thin on time, but I should be human
again soon.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2009/4/12 Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>:
> I think Lukasz uploaded a fix to Jira right? or maybe I am confused
> with the Convention archetype.

I've just posted simple patch to remove duplications, see [1] for full
story, after it should be ready to release in my opinion

[1] https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-2911

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.1.6 Blank Archetype

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Struts 2.1.6 Blank Archetype

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Vinny wrote:
> I'd like to help test this. Where can I check this out from and play?

The struts maven tree, um...

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/maven/trunk/struts2-archetype-blank/

Posted by Vinny <xa...@gmail.com>.
I'd like to help test this. Where can I check this out from and play?
Thanks,
Vinny

The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet.
-William Gibson

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.