Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jason Trust <jt...@ctpartners.com> on 2004/02/24 17:10:51 UTC

basic authentication - WebPagePortlet2

I have searched the mailing list looking for anyone that had issues with
using Basic Authentication with the WebPagePortlet2 portlet, and was
unable to find anything that matched my problem.  Essentially, I have a
web application that is secured using basic authentication that is added
as an URL in a WebPagePortlet2, using parameters of username and
password.  But when I login to the portal, I still get the Basic
Authentication popup.

Any ideas?

On a different topic, this is probably a pretty remedial question, but
what does the "X" on the top left of the title bar for my portlet mean?
Is it failing, am I missing a value somewhere.  I have no image defined,
but most if not all the Jetspeed portlets are defined similarly.

Thanks for any guidance.

Jason Trust