Posted to users@maven.apache.org by acostela <ac...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/20 18:39:10 UTC

turns EAR into an OSGi

Hi everybody.

I'm a bit new with maven. I've worked with it before but no in the depth
that I need now. I have searched trough internet and inside this forum and I
didn't found anything conclusive to my question.

I have an Enterprise Java application that it's build with Maven and it has
several modules in it. I have some EJBs other kind of classes and packages
like Jars etc. I use an ear package to build all together into an .ear
package. I would like to turns this into an OSGi. Can I do this with maven?
What it's the best way to achieve this?

Thank you very much to everybody.

Re: turns EAR into an OSGi

Posted by acostela <ac...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much for all your responses.

Re: turns EAR into an OSGi

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> have all the poms that build my whole project. I would like to know If
> making only some changes in my pom.xml that package a "ear" I could change
> it into an osgi bundle. I don't want to change my architecture or design

This is not an unreasonable question, but you just might not get an
answer to your question here. I have never (thus far) needed to do
such a thing, so while I know a lot about Maven and plugins etc, I
have no idea how to turn an EAR into an OSGi module.

You may have better luck asking this question on an OSGi list
somewhere - perhaps there is an OSGi plugin for Maven and you could
ask their user/dev list?

Wayne

Re: turns EAR into an OSGi

Posted by acostela <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi thank you very much for your response.

Maybe I asked in a wrong way but I have everything made yet with maven. I
have all the poms that build my whole project. I would like to know If
making only some changes in my pom.xml that package a "ear" I could change
it into an osgi bundle. I don't want to change my architecture or design
only add the necessary OSGi metadata to my project.

Thank you very much.

Re: turns EAR into an OSGi

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net>.
Hi,
Seems not so much a maven question. More an OSGi one.
IMO, you should start by thinking about or explaining what you would expect
maven to do.

Knowing both Java EE and OSGi (here it's bundles) a bit, I can't see even
doing it manually anything obvious to something approaching a conversion.