Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Shukla, Sanjay" <sa...@mcgraw-hill.com> on 2006/02/13 03:14:14 UTC

advice for libraries deployment for maven built projects

I was wondering what are recommendations for delivering the libraries
that will be required by java runtimes of maven built projects.

I package few libraries with the j2ee deployable archives but we have
certain libraries on the system classpath as they are huge and common
across projects.

My scenario is such - we have a multi machine / multinode appserver
environment. Each app server needs to some libraries within its startup
classpath.

I am thinking to rsync the local repository from the build server to
each nodes and have that referenced in the server node startup
classpath.

Is there a suggestion to approach this ?

Thanks,

Sanjay Shukla,

HPI Product Engineering, 2 Penn Plaza, NY.

212 904 3629 Office

732 692 4419 Cell