Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Mahesh Balija <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/22 08:53:23 UTC

Re: Network Traffic and Security Analysis

Hi Ted,

             My apologizes for the delay to reply, as I was brushing up my
networking skills before I can discuss.
             Few of those topics which I want to start with will be,

                  1) Deep packet inspection - Can be useful for Intrusion
detection (NIDS) by doing the port mirroring and analyzing the data packets
                  2) Identifying trends in high network usage - this will
help network administrators to avoid down time, Network Congestion
                  3) Flow of Traffic - To visualize what is happening with
in the data center network
                  4) Identifying Network Hot-Spot Links

             I will be having access to Syslog, SNMP data and Data packets
at this point in time.
             There is scope for running predictive analytics over network
usage.

             I will share more information as I progress.
             Your suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,
Mahesh Balija,
CalsoftLabs.