Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Kalyan <ka...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/14 20:02:27 UTC

Issue while deploying openejb on Jboss

Hello,
I planning to implement openejb in my project.
I tried few examples and POC's on this. Which worked perfect.
Now i am trying to deploy ear file on jboss, Which contains openejb specofic
changes.
I get below error.  I tried to google. But not much of the help.

I am using openejb-core-8.0.0-M3.jar and javaee-api-8.0-1.jar specific
version of jars.
JBoss version 11.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

2019-06-14 18:45:19,746 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service
thread 1-2) MSC000001: Failed to start service
jboss.deployment.unit."dsas.ear".PARSE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException
in service jboss.deployment.unit."admion.ear".PARSE: WFLYSRV0153: Failed to
process phase PARSE of deployment "dsas.ear"
	at
org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:154)
	at
org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1948)
	at
org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1881)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WFLYEJB0059: Method
AroundTimeout, on class org.apache.openejb.monitoring.StatsInterceptor,
annotated with @javax.interceptor.AroundTimeout must return Object type
	at
org.jboss.as.ejb3.deployment.processors.AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.validateArgumentType(AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.java:106)
	at
org.jboss.as.ejb3.deployment.processors.AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.processAroundInvoke(AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.java:86)
	at
org.jboss.as.ejb3.deployment.processors.AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.deploy(AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.java:71)
	at
org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:147)
	... 5 more

Re: Issue while deploying openejb on Jboss

Posted by Kalyan <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Caser,
Thanks for replying.
I am trying to remove the implementation of ejb which were deployed on the
Jboss using the openejb. Since the same code base will be deployed on other
server. So that we don't have any implementation difference while deploying
on both these servers.
Its ear file which is deployed on the Jboss server. All that i did is
implemented the context to get from the
EJBContainer ejbContainer = EJBContainer.createEJBContainer(p);
            Context context = ejbContainer.getContext();
and the rest context is use to lookup the beans or datasource etc.
I have written junits and it works perfect.
In the ear i added the dependency jars which are required for the openejb.
While brining up the server i see those errrors.
If I remove the openejb specific jars. The server comes up. But it throws
while creating the context as No class found.
So i believe this is something to do with the openejb specific jars. But i
am not able to figure out why its causing the error.
Hope this help. Please help me to solve this issue. I am in tight with the
schedule.. or else i have look for some other options.

Re: Issue while deploying openejb on Jboss

Posted by César Hernández Mendoza <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kalyan,

The error you are sharing shows only JBoss stack traces.
I haven't tried yet to implement openejb into JBoss but I think it would be
helpful if you can provide more context of your scenario that is driving
this implementation.

El vie., 14 jun. 2019 a las 14:02, Kalyan (<ka...@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hello,
> I planning to implement openejb in my project.
> I tried few examples and POC's on this. Which worked perfect.
> Now i am trying to deploy ear file on jboss, Which contains openejb
> specofic
> changes.
> I get below error.  I tried to google. But not much of the help.
>
> I am using openejb-core-8.0.0-M3.jar and javaee-api-8.0-1.jar specific
> version of jars.
> JBoss version 11.
>
> Please help me to resolve this issue.
>

> 2019-06-14 18:45:19,746 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service
> thread 1-2) MSC000001: Failed to start service
> jboss.deployment.unit."dsas.ear".PARSE:
> org.jboss.msc.service.StartException
> in service jboss.deployment.unit."admion.ear".PARSE: WFLYSRV0153: Failed to
> process phase PARSE of deployment "dsas.ear"
>         at
>
> org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:154)
>         at
>
> org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1948)
>         at
>
> org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1881)
>         at

>         at

> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WFLYEJB0059: Method
> AroundTimeout, on class org.apache.openejb.monitoring.StatsInterceptor,
> annotated with @javax.interceptor.AroundTimeout must return Object type
>         at
>
> org.jboss.as.ejb3.deployment.processors.AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.validateArgumentType(AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.java:106)
>         at
>
> org.jboss.as.ejb3.deployment.processors.AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.processAroundInvoke(AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.java:86)
>         at
>
> org.jboss.as.ejb3.deployment.processors.AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.deploy(AroundTimeoutAnnotationParsingProcessor.java:71)
>         at
>
> org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:147)
>         ... 5 more
>

> --
> Sent from:

Atentamente: