Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Humberto Hernandez Torres <hh...@itweb.com.mx> on 2002/07/02 22:40:24 UTC

RE: Help Help!!! ----How to write simple form operations with 2 text boxs in Turbine & Velocity

The TDK project creates a sample application where you can get started.

The basic directory structure is as follows:
WEB-INF/build/ <-- build.xml, build.properties.
WEB-INF/classes/ <-- *.class
WEB-INF/conf/ <-- TurbineResources.properties, newapp-schema.xml
WEB-INF/src/java/ <-- *.java, screens, actions, tools, om, etc, etc.
WEB-INF/src/sql/ <- *.sql To create the database.
logs/ <-- turbine.log, velocity.log
templates/layouts/ <--*.vm
templates/navigations/ <-- *.vm
templates/screens <-- *.vm
images/ <-- *.gif, *.png, etc.
--
  Humberto

Posted by Thirumala Rao Thoka <tt...@cisco.com>.
Hi Humberto/All,

Thanks for your response. Yeah I found the directory structure and
understood it. I am able to configure "Turbine Data manager" and it is up &
running.

Now, I have a Employee table with 2 columns called Emp_Id and Emp_Name. So I
want to create a screen ie Employee.vm file for it and want to do operations
like Insert, Modify and delete etc.

So, for that should I code & put the files like this:

   > WEB-INF/classes/ <-- *.class

   WEB-INF/src/java/PACKAGE/modules/actions/EmployeeAction.class
   WEB-INF/src/java/PACKAGE/modules/screens/EmployeeScreen.class

   > templates/screens <-- *.vm

   templates/app/screens/Employee.vm

   > WEB-INF/src/java/ <-- *.java, screens, actions, tools, om, etc, etc.

   WEB-INF/src/java/PACKAGE/modules/actions/EmployeeAction.java
   WEB-INF/src/java/PACKAGE/modules/screens/EmployeeScreen.java

So, for implementing "EmployeeAction.java & EmployeeScreen.java"

1) do I need to extend any of the Turbine classes?
2) How do I make use of the Turbine Connection Pool objects?
3) How could I code or what type of code should I put in EmployeeAction.java
and EmployeeScreen.java

For compiling them I hope if I use "ant compile" that does it for me. Could
anybody answer my above 3 questions and send me the sample code as an
attachment if you have(You can send me to my direct mail Id instead of
suffering the Group). Your help in this regard is higgly apreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Thiru

[...]

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>